Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My new spring dress needs a name


I've been wanting to make this dress for a while...I love the navy blue pinpoint oxford fabric, the 1950s-inspired shape, the bateau neckline and the three-quarter length sleeves...but my favorite part is the beautiful dart and pleat detail on the bodice and skirt (see the pics below.)  OH and of course it has pockets!  I lined the skirt to give it some a-line retro flare.

Two questions:

1. What should I name it?
2. How should I wear it?



3 comments:

  1. I love this dress! Will you be selling on Etsy soon? On the name, how about Willa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about Maria? It reminds me of Julie Andrews in Sound of Music. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! This is such a great dress. The sleeve length and fit is superb! I am thinking that I like the third option the best.

    ReplyDelete