Friday, March 5, 2010

Delphinium dress

 
As a pale-skinned, pink-undertone person, I've found that deep blue is one color that I can always rely on to make me feel fabulous.  The Delphinium dress is my take on sexy/sweet: it has princess seaming and a fitted shape, so it's more figure-conscious than I usually wear--but sometimes you just have to flaunt what you've got!  The deep scoop neckline accented with a pleated gathered ruffle frames the face and softens the streamlined shape of the dress--plus it's perfect for those of us in the A cup/B cup category. 
I am crazy in love with the gorgeous royal blue cotton sateen fabric that I used for this dress!  It is soft and lightweight, with a beautiful drape and just a bit of stretch--perfect for a fitted silhouette.  It took me a long time to come up with a name for the dress...I wanted a name that would convey the gorgeous color, as well as the soft ruffled neckline.  A floral name seemed right, but there are so few blue flowers!  Finally, I hit on it: delphinium!  Here's the description I came up with for my Etsy site:
Delphinium, also known as larkspur, is one of the few flowers that blooms with a vivid blue blossom. The softly ruffled neckline and the vibrant, jewel-like hue are reminiscent of the delicate petals of this lovely Alpine wildflower. The Delphinium dress is composed of cotton sateen--a rich, smooth, slightly stretchy fabric with a subtle sheen. A deeply scooped neckline and a flattering, closely tailored fit make this dress perfect for a special occasion, from a cocktail party to a special date to a summer wedding--while the breathable cotton fabric ensure that you’ll be comfortable enough to have a good time!
 
I ended up wearing this gorgeous dress for a fancy birthday dinner with my sweetheart.  So perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment