Saturday, February 27, 2010

Dreaming in coral

It seems like winter is just going to stick around forever...but while I'm snowed in, at least I can get a head start on all the spring dresses I've been thinking about!  And of course, the color that makes me feel the springiest (I'm sure that's not a word) is CORAL.  I love coral; it looks great on everyone; it brings a little color to those pasty winter cheeks; it's feminine but not overly sweet; and it has a hint of summer beaches and nautical seaside.  What could be more perfect to drag a person out of the winter doldrums?
So with this coral obsession of mine, I started with my Celine dress and made it in a gorgeous pinky coral--almost a tea rose color.  I love the Celine dress for multiple reasons--the gathering detail at the v-neckline, the little gathered cap sleeves, and of course the POCKETS!  
Well it would be selfish of me to hog all this coral deliciousness for myself, and you know who else loves the Celine dress?  My little sis!  I wish I had more fully documented her outfit, because she was so super sassy with a wide brown belt for some waist-cinching action, cognac brown platform sandals and our favorite Coach purse of all time.  Adorable!  But when I say I have a coral obsession, I don't mean just one dress.  Stay tuned, there's more...

No comments:

Post a Comment