Friday, August 6, 2010

Lush serenity: A Buddhist wedding in Thailand

Every time I get to see photos from one of my brides, it's like a surprise gift.  There's so much going on before, during and after a wedding...especially when the wedding takes place thousands of miles from home!  Months may go by, and I'll wonder how everything came together and hope that the day was beautiful...

Chrissy first contacted me on Etsy nearly a year ago and told me about her plans to marry her husband-to-be in Thailand.  What could be better for a destination wedding in a warm, exotic locale than a simple and elegant cotton gown?

When I first set eyes on Chrissy's wedding photos, however, I was just blown away.  (And had an immediate desire to plan a trip to Thailand!)  The setting, the color palette, the flowers, the vibrancy and joy in these photos...

The formality of the Buddhist marriage ceremony blends so beautifully with the intimacy and personality of this bride and groom.  I love that they chose to immerse themselves in the authentic experience of the ceremony and the place.
Have you ever seen a couple look more blissful, relaxed and utterly happy?
Congratulations to the beautiful couple, and thank you for sharing these amazing photos with me! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment