Friday, August 20, 2010

Carolina dreaming

One of my very first Etsy wedding dress commissions was from a lovely, creative bride named Lydia.  She happened to be living with her husband-to-be in one of my favorite places in the world: the Outer Banks of North Carolina.  It was Lydia's brilliant idea to make a version of the J. Crew Lucinda bridal gown in white cotton seersucker, and it turned out so beautifully! 
I had the pleasure of meeting Lydia and her fiance as they traveled through Pennsylvania, so I got to do her fitting in person--she was so sweet and warm and joyful.  Just a pleasure to work with!  After I sent the finished dress off to Lydia, my little business took off and things got busy and I wondered every once in a while how the wedding had gone...and then, lo and behold, many months later I found these fabulous pictures in my email inbox!
Doesn't everyone look like they are just blissfully happy?  I can see joy and contentment and fun and love radiating out of every face, not just the bride and groom.  That's the best kind of wedding!
Congratulations, lovebirds!  Thank you so much for sharing your special day with me. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment