Monday, August 9, 2010

Lisa and Billy's retro fabulous wedding


Sometimes this crazy dress business of mine brings me into contact with the most amazing folks.  Lisa is one of those people that I'm so glad I got to meet--she's sweet and hilarious and SO incredibly talented.  And her new husband, Billy, is just adorable.  :-)

Lisa first found me on Etsy, after noticing that I was a fellow resident of the 'Burgh, and contacted me about making a custom wedding dress for her.  Lisa's original concept was something along the lines of the Emmeline, in the lovely ivory cotton sateen that I ADORE and use all the time, but with the addition of silk charmeuse ruffles on the bodice.  As we talked and thought about it more, we added darling elbow-length sleeves with a matching charmeuse ruffle at the sleeve hem.

Did I forget to mention that Lisa and I soon discovered that we were getting married on THE EXACT SAME DAY??  What a crazy coincidence!  Lisa is the most calm and organized bride I have ever met, and once she discovered how little planning I'd had time for, she quickly put me in touch with April at Mocha Rose Floral - who was generous enough to agree to do two weddings on the same day.  Hooray!

As the dress came together, Lisa had the inspired idea of adding a multi-colored crinoline for a little extra vintage cha-cha-cha! The crinoline was ivory, green and black to coordinate with the wedding color palette.  With the black satin sash she wore and her gorgeous anemone fascinator, nothing could have been more perfect.
Look at how happy these two lovebirds are! 

But that's not all!  Lisa wore her fabulous wedding dress to participate in the Diamond Dash, a scavenger-hunt kind of thing for a great big honkin' diamond engagement ring that took place all over Pittsburgh.  A photo of Lisa in her wedding dress riding her bike was posted on the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette website! :-)  (Photo courtesy of Joane Bartone Photography)
 Congratulations and best wishes to Lisa and Billy--I'm so glad that our shared wedding planning brought us together.

No comments:

Post a Comment