Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Emmeline in the Emerald City

I may be just a little bit obsessed with this dress.  I love emerald green in general, and I'd been wanting to make the Emmeline in a gorgeous silk fabric...then along came Kate, who asked for exactly what I'd been wanting to make!
Kate is a girl who plans ahead--she commissioned this amazing dress to wear for holiday parties this year.  She even chose the fabrics herself--the dress is lined in the most adorable white lawn with tiny green polka dots!
As Kate said: "Too cha-cha-cha!"  I even did a little Hong Kong finish on the hem of the skirt to tie it in with the lining.  I think that if I get to make another one of these, I might add a double row of ruffles on the underskirt to be even MORE cha-cha-cha...
Wouldn't this be fabulous in cherry red?  Oh my gosh, I want one for myself.  When Kate sends me a picture or two, you can be sure I'll post them!

No comments:

Post a Comment